Best Audiobook Player App for Smartphones
(MP3 Audiobook, CD and MP3 CDs)
Best Audiobook Player App for Android and iPhone
I have recommended the following applications to many of my friends that wanted to listen their Audiobooks that they either bought as a CD or as MP3 CD after they had transfered to their Smartphone.
They all wanted to find and Audiobook player that would allow them the same features that Audible application has, like: Speed up, sleep timer and keeping the Audiobooks organized.
I have tried many applications; some were OK, but I considered these two the best.
A few years back, I was thrilled to find SpeedUp for my Iphone (thanks to Angela at UTC).
After switched to Samsung I found what I consider the best application in the market today, The Smart Audiobook Player.
So I thought it would be a good idea to share with you the features of each application. I know many of you accept Audiobooks for review, and you might be wondering what’s the best way to listen to those books that are sent you as regular MP3 or Wav download files.
I will assume you already know how to transfer your MP3 books to your phone, and that you’re familiar with the App Dropbox to accomplish that.
If you don’t know how to use Dropbox, here is a good video tutorial on how to use it.
By now there might be other applications for the iPhone that can do a better job, but I a haven’t found one as complete as the Smart Audiobook Player for the iPhone yet…Hopefully they publish one in the near future.
Smart Audiobook Player Features
The app is designed specially for playing audio books.
Assumed that you have audiobooks and already copied them to your phone.
First 30 days Full version. Later – Basic version.
+ Playback speed control.
+ Classification of books (new, started, finished).
+ Download cover from the Internet.
+ List of characters. You can manually create a list of characters to easier follow the story.
+ Automatic pause in case you fall asleep. To continue playback just shake your phone.
+ Playback history.
+ Application Widget. Allows you to control the player from the home screen.
+ By specifying a root folder containing all your audiobook, you can exclude your folders which contains music and other audio files.
+ You don’t have to finish one book to start another. The progress is saved independently for all books.
You can read all about it HERE
SpeedUp Player Pro
Listen to your iPod collections at 0.5X – 2.5X speed. Supports multitasking, remote controller. Study mode(A/B repeat, quick rewind/forward), sleep timer.
Save time listening to podcasts and audiobooks. Play at any speed!
* Study mode helps you learn more effectively.
* Sleep timer can save your battery while you sleep.
SpeedUp Player features:
– Variable speed playback: 0.5X(half speed) – 2.5X (0.1X interval)
– Preserve pitch(tone) while changing playback speed.
– Play directly from your iPod collection. No conversion required. (supports music/podcasts/audiobooks)
– Full iOS4 multitasking support.
– Remote controller support.
– Sleep timer (pause after 10/20/30/60/120 minutes)
– A/B repeat : repeat interval using simple button press
a. set A
b. set B : repeat A-B
c. cancel repeat
– Configurable quick rewind/forward buttons. 4 buttons can be set individually.
– Extremely fast iPod library browsing (disk+memory based cache)
– Browse by album/artist/songs/playlists/podcasts
– Simple playlist
– Pause/resume on phone call(audio interruption).
– Pause when headphone is unplugged.
– Music tracks can be set to be played at 1X.
You can find more info HERE